Jekyll theme for self-hosted video - https://git.io/vrLh6
Host Your Own Video
OwnVideo is a free Jekyll theme that lets you Host Your Own Video! In the OwnVideo theme, every Jekyll “post” is a video, and like most video sharing sites, each video has its own “watch” page that puts that video front-and-center. I created OwnVideo because I was dissatisfied with the way YouTube was treating my videos.
- Full-fledged video “watch” pages with multiple video qualities, share buttons, and optional integrated Disqus comments
- Custom playlist and custom thumbnail support
- Automatic video conversion using FFmpeg (via included Python script) for full browser video compatibility
- Mobile-first responsive design
- Host your video files on a separate domain - for example, your site can be hosted on GitHub pages, but serve its video files from Amazon S3.
- Automatic creation of Structured Data and OpenGraph tags, so your videos look great in search engine results
- Uses the Jekyll static site templating system, so no backend (server-side) code is required Demo
The OwnVideo Jekyll theme is written using HTML/CSS/JS and the Liquid templating engine, and uses a Python script for video transcoding. It is available on GitHub under the MIT license.